Thursday, March 8, 2012

tresspassersonourownland.com

     To Visit the Trespasser's web site and its two galleries, go to: trespassersonourownland.com.
The galleries can be accessed through the footers at the bottom of each page.
Gallery One contains plates reflecting information contained in the book.
Gallery Two contains maps and other exhibits set out as "Figures" in the book.
  
 If you have any comments relating to land grant history in New Mexico please feel free to either comment or start a new post.
It will be appreciated if posts and comments are limited to  historically significant issues relating to Spanish and Mexican land grants in the Southwest. Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. I received your book entitled, "Trespassers On Our Own Land" today via UPS! I read chapters 15 & 22 which correspond to pg. 138 & 218, as you suggested. The links on your website are so informative and really prepared me with the background history to understand the chapters mentioned above. Chapter 17 brought me to tears. I had no idea that such a monumental moment in land grant history was occurring the very same day war broke out in 1967 when Israel fought to liberate Jerusalem from the hands of the Jordanians. This is a very good story for a conference, teaching opportunities, but most especially for our children. I shared this story in your book with my rabbi and he was really astounded! The story does interconnect with patterns and seasons that our Sephardic (Spanish-Jewish) ancestors experienced, as you have noted. I am grateful to the Valdez family and you for such a good book! Thanks be to The Almighty that you all documented all of the history because people like my family and I really need the information!

    Alia D. Garcia-Ureste,
    Ft. Stockton, TX

    ReplyDelete